Disneyland has just released details on their next Limited Time Magic offering. Just in time too as I have spent a lot of time covering the last two, and I was ready for a new event. This new event will be called “True Love Week” and will run from February 11th through February 13th. The same Limited Time Magic event will be held at Walt Disney World as well. Since we are Anaheim specific here, I will cover only the Disneyland itinerary, but they both appear to be about the same.
There are no performances or shows that I can see, but there are certainly a lot of new little touches that will be sure to make an experience that week very unique. Here are some of the Limited Time Magic offerings for True Love Week.
- Special Meets – Guests will have the chance to get a picture famous Disney couples! You can get a picture with Mickey and Minnie or Donald and Daisy. I believe this to be pretty rare, so that in itself is pretty exciting. Guests will also get a chance to meet Tiana and Naveen in New Orleans Square along with others along the Royal Walk in Fantasyland.
- Special Dinners – Disneyland will offer special romantic dinners for two at Blue Bayou, Café Orleans, and Carthay Circle. The hotels will be also be in the action with offerings at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel and at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian.
- Romantic Decorations – One will find all manner of valentines like decorations throughout the park.
- Castle of Love – Sleeping Beauty’s Castle will have shades of red and pink lit on it, along with flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart photo op – The announcement says Town Square, but I don’t know for sure specifically. Probably in the same spot they put the tree and pumpkin.
- Show Whites Grotto makeover – Snow White’s grotto will also get a romantic makeover with flowers, garlands, doves and special lighting at night. This is one of my favorite places in the park, so I’m really looking forward to this.
- Limited Edition Merchandise – Pins, plush, and clothing will be specially themed for the event. This will also include Mickey ears!
- Wandering Wallflowers – I’ve never heard of this, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will be the Dapper Dans singing love songs.
Limited Time Magic | True Love Week
And that’s everything. This sounds like a lot of fun doesn’t it? I’m anticipating this to be a success, though it will be difficult to measure. There are no shows or performances with which to track attendance. But just the same, I think the vibe True Love Week will create will be a positive one. Most of all, I’m looking forward to photos of Mickey and Minnie as a couple!
Stay tuned for our recap on this Limited Time Magic offering in a couple of weeks. We’ll be bringing you our review and as many pictures as I can cram on our bandwidth. Until then!