We go to our share of rope drops at Disneyland. Make that a lot of rope drops. And at those rope drops I’m usually pretty excited for those families who are staying at an on-site hotel, as they get early entry for one day of their visit. While we’re all racing to be at the park for rope drop at 8 am, they’ve already been at it for an hour. This is called magic morning, and sometimes I get a little bummed we don’t get to do this. But this winter and part of spring Disneyland is offering annual passholder early entry to Disneyland. AWESOME!!
It took the team at Fresh Baked exactly zero days to take advantage of this offer, attending the first early entry event this past Saturday at California Adventure. Stay tuned by the way for our trip report from that day. It was a great day for the team for many reasons.
Annual Passholder Early Entry
Here’s the skinny…
- From Saturday the 5th through April 14th, annual passholders will be allowed entry one hour to the scheduled opening time every weekend with a few exceptions (See the official announcement from Disneyland for details).
- Saturdays get you in to California Adventure and Sundays are for Disneyland.
- You don’t have to make a reservation to gain entry, but black out days do still apply.
- There is no limit to the number of times you can take advantage of the offer. You can attend as often as you like.
- If you prefer to park at the Toy Story Parking lot, don’t make the same mistake we did and assume they’re celebrating magic morning as well. You’ll need to park at the Mickey and Friends structure as they open at 6:00 am.
- Fast passes will NOT be available at early entry for Radiator Springs Racers. A queue will form at 7 am (yes, there will be a queue) and fast pass distribution will begin at 8 am.
And that pretty much sums it up. As mentioned, the Fresh Baked team took advantage of this on Saturday and had a great time. We’ll bring you those details in the next few days.